The Downtown Decatur Neighbors (DDN) envision a City in which the Downtown residents, government, developers and businesses can work in harmony to create a world-class Downtown with a small town feel.
Our Mission is to be the voice for Downtown residents on quality of life issues unique to living in the Downtown area.
All the work of DDN is done by our committees.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Elected each year
at the Annual Meeting in January.
Kathie Gannon, President
Jo Giraudo, Secretary
Jane Yeomans, Treasurer
Stephen Busch, Public Spaces Chair
Lila Miller, Seniors Chair
Mary Karwoski, Planning and Development Chair
Nancy Hall, Public Safety Chair
VACANT Communications Chair VACANT
Pete Pfeiffer, Past-President
JOIN THE DDN BOARD
We would like to hear from individuals who have an expertise in communications or a passion for making their neighborhood the best place to live or a value they can bring to the Downtown Decatur Neighbors. Elections are at the Annual meeting on January 11th.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20th. Thank you.
Presentation: The Impetus for Downtown Decatur Neighbors 2014
OUR WISH LIST
- A Downtown Master Plan developed in partnership between downtown residents, businesses and the city.
- ADA Accessible, Walkable Sidewalks
- Upgrade Code Enforcement for Downtown Area
- Improve Appearance of Downtown Area
- Reduce Noise, Light, and Garbage pollution
- Eliminate Curb-Cuts
- Create Pedestrian Only Area
- Keep Downtown Small Businesses with Incentives
- Manage Traffic
- Protect Dwindling Tree Canopy
- Downtown Grocery